My Chickens: The chapters.
- My Chickens: Rollin' Hens and Desperate Phoebes.
- My Chickens: I Need Your Help!!
- My Chickens: The Egg Shirt!
- My Chickens:Are CRAZY!!
- My Chickens:Cap's Chicks Have Hatched!!!!
- My Chickens: Bye!!!
- Not my Chickens: These poor hens!!!
- My Chickens: On Guard!
- My Chickens: Dogs and Brave Chicks .
- My Chickens: How a hen lays an egg. An eyewitness ...
- My Chickens: Cap and Tarpie.
- My Chickens: Some sweet chickens of mine.
- My Chickens: Oh, Deadbirdie!
- ▼ May (13)
May 9, 2013
My Chickens: Cap and Tarpie.
Of the late, I've been getting three eggs a day. But this post is mostly about my wild bird friends, Cap and Tarpie.
Tarpie is a robin. He always comes around to eat any spilt seed.
Cap is a phoebe. She's been around for years and always nests in the shed.
A couple days ago, there was an uproar amongst the robins. Tarpie was trailing a long piece of tarp fiber from his leg!(That's why I call him Tarpie.) I tried unsuccessfully to catch him and get it off, but it's nearly impossible to catch a wild robin who is frighted by a strange snake clinging to its leg. So I gave up and a day later, it was gone. I still don't know how he got it off. And about Cap. Today she layed her eggs and is snuggled on them as we speak! I now will peek at her every day 'til the hatch. It is most interesting. And highly educational.