Hi everyone!! I'm back!! And guess what!!!! Cap, the Phoebe, has hatched her chicks!!! Or chick.
I heard peeping that was NOT my chicks and went to investigate. Then I realized the noise was coming from the shed!
I climbed the terrifyingly tall ladder and ducked as Cap whirred out of there. She landed a short distance away and watched my warily, but I've done this every year for awhile so she wasn't too frightened. I had to use a mirror, but finally I saw what I'd been waiting for: A tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny chick!!! It must of hatched this morning, for the other chicks still weren't out of their eggs. It was so cute-quta even!!! Regardless of the fact that it had no feathers or down, it was still adorable!!
Oh! And the chickens now lay seven eggs a day!! WOW!!
My Chickens: The chapters.
- My Chickens: Rollin' Hens and Desperate Phoebes.
- My Chickens: I Need Your Help!!
- My Chickens: The Egg Shirt!
- My Chickens:Are CRAZY!!
- My Chickens:Cap's Chicks Have Hatched!!!!
- My Chickens: Bye!!!
- Not my Chickens: These poor hens!!!
- My Chickens: On Guard!
- My Chickens: Dogs and Brave Chicks .
- My Chickens: How a hen lays an egg. An eyewitness ...
- My Chickens: Cap and Tarpie.
- My Chickens: Some sweet chickens of mine.
- My Chickens: Oh, Deadbirdie!
- ▼ May (13)