It was an early spring day when the eggs arrived. A friend had offered some fertile eggs, and I didn't refuse them.
I went out, got a incubator(the foam kind),and accepted the eggs.Two were blue Ameraucanas, one was a speckle Sussex, and the rest were Rhode Island reds. After fighting with the temperature(too hot, then too cold), I filled the water troughs in the bottom and set the eggs inside. They warmed up quickly and I watched to be sure the temperature didn't change on me. It went up and down and I kept adjusting it(which is something you should NEVER do). I was getting frustrated.
I should of left it alone and done something else, but I was worried it would get too cold or hot. You can't blame me; I didn't know much about incubating. Anyway, the chicks seemed to be growing and moving on day thirteen when I candled them. I didn't really expect any to hatch(but that's a different story).
I kept turning and adjusting and watching my chicks.
Praying for a good hatch.
The stinking incubator kept going up and down like a temperature roller coaster. I was a nervous wreak, constantly running in to check on it. I really should of left it alone. The dummy. I am embarrassed to admit that I even named the incubator Mr. Untrustfull. Heh heh. I'm going crazy! Oh well, untrust worthy, or not, the eggs were fine.
They grew, and soon it was........LOCKDOWN!
Soon I will write about LOCKDOWN Peeps.
To win a great candler, click right here and comment on Lisa's post about candling.
My Chickens: The chapters.
- My Chickens: Chicks Out!
- My Chickens: Bluey Is A Layer!
- My Chickens: Sorry Folks! The Virus Ate My Compute...
- My Chickens: Isn't There a LEASH LAW?!
- My Chickens:People who like my blog.
- My Chickens: Sorry to post again so soon, but...
- My Chickens: A Good Morning.
- My Chickens: I Loose a Hen/Bad Sweetiepie!
- My Chickens: How Many Quail Hatched?
- My Chickens: Big Big Chicks!
- My Chickens: The Chicks are getting Naughty!
- My Chickens: The Chick Dress-up Show.
- My Chickens: Crazy Chick Personalities!
- My Chickens: Just a thought.
- My Chickens: LOCKDOWN Peeps.
- My Chickens: The Eggs(Fertile[?]).
- ▼ Apr (16)